5 MINUTE CYPHERPUNKS SURVEY

Hi! Im writing a paper for school on E-commerce and would like to include a
brief section on the role of Cypherpunks in E-commerce. If you would, please
email me your responses to the following questions.

Some of these questions are broad, but please limit your response to each
question to 0-100 words. Also, I am NOT attempting to stereotype the
Cypherpunks, but am instead interested to learn whether there is a shared view
among them. THANKS!
PS- PLEASE RESPOND TO MY EMAIL DIRECTLY by FRIDAY, 5/24/96 :
[email protected]

1. Would you call yourself a Cypherpunk? (Y, N, Not Sure)

2. What is the role of Cypherpunks in the DEVELOPMENT of secure E-commerce
transactions?

3. What is the role of Cypherpunks in the MAINTENANCE of secure E-commerce
transactions?

4. Why do Cypherpunks care about E-commerce? (Please limit to 100 words or
fewer.)

5. What is a punk? What is a Cypherpunk? Can you distinguish between those who
are up to no good, trying to crack security and those who try to crack security
in order to maintain it? Do Cypherpunks, in your opinion, fall into either
category?

6. What is the greatest security threat to E-commerce transactions?

7. On a scale of 1-10, how dangerous is it to give your credit card number to
a vendor over the internet? (Please provide one number only for this answer.)

8. On a scale of 1-10, how would you rank your own knowledge of E-commerce and
related security issues? (Please provide one number only for this answer.)

May I quote part of or all of your answers in my paper? Would you like to be
referenced by name, email address, or as Anonymous? Please provide pertinent
details.

THANK YOU FOR FILLING OUT THIS QUESTIONNAIRE! Please forward your responses to
me at: [email protected]