Re: SEVERE undercapacity, we need more remailer servers FAST

At 01:08 AM 5/20/96 -0700, [email protected] (Timothy C. May) wrote:
[snip]
>And the issue of CoS seeking legal actions against those they claim are
>violating their copyrights is separable from their religious status.

Not at all.  Their actions are based on their religious doctrines, as passed
down by Hubbard.  "Always attack, never defend."  Their claims of copyright
violation are part of an ongoing effort to silence those who criticize their
illegal and immoral practices.  They should be examined in that context.

> As I
>have said many times, "Newsweek" would likely take similar actions in
>similar circumstances.)

AFAIK, "Newsweek" does not file lawsuits just for the purpose of harassment,
as Hubbard counselled his followers to do.  AFAIK, "Newsweek" does not hire
PIs to harass those who criticize them.

Tim, do you think "Newsweek" articles have ever been posted to the Net?  If
so, did the magazine sue everyone who posted them?  The "Church" doesn't
even want to admit that fair use is a possibility.

"Newsweek" is also not a non-profit coporation.  Not only is CoS tax exempt,
but they claim to have "trade secrets" as well.  That's having your cake and
eating it...

Rich

Rich Burroughs  [email protected]  http://www.teleport.com/~richieb
See my Blue Ribbon Page at http://www.teleport.com/~richieb/blueribbon