Re: An alternative to remailer shutdowns

On Mon, 20 May 1996, Rich Graves wrote:

> On Tue, 21 May 1996, Declan B. McCullagh wrote:
> I like the "knock-knock" approach, though it would of necessity impose
> load. If someone has an anonymous message waiting, send them a simple note
> with instructions on how to retrieve it.

I have a partial implementation of this for Mixmaster if anyone wants to
try integrating it into the main code. It works (or worked) for single
packet messages but I never finished the multi-packet code. Of course, if
Mixmaster is being rewritten anyway then it won't be much use.

AFAIR it also relies on the 'In-Reply-To:' field in the header working
correctly.

	Mark