Re: FTC online workshop on privacy

Excerpts from cypherpunks: 22-May-96 Re: FTC online workshop on .. by
"E. ALLEN SMITH"@ocelot.
>         It's unsurprising that some of the same groups backing the CDA are
> backing this, since they used danger to children as an excuse for it. (A
> rather transparent one, given the actions vs Compuserve). I am
disappointed in

> EPIC for cooperating with them.

You shouldn't be, and I should have been more clear. There is a broad
coalition of groups supporting this legislation, including (from memory)
the Kids off Lists! project, Center for Media Education, and Consumer
Federation of America.

I'm putting together a writeup of the press conference today and the
language of the bill. More on this later tonight.

-Declan