Re: FTC online workshop on privacy

Excerpts from internet.cypherpunks: 23-May-96 Re: FTC online workshop on
.. by Shabbir J. [email protected]
> There's actually an interesting parallel here.  If you look at the
> Dworkin "ban pornography because speech is action" crowd, they often
> end up on the same side of things as the Christian Coalition "ban porn
> because it drives you to ungodly acts" crowd.  They both happily support
> legislation that would ban such images.  The left and the right move so
> far off the edges of the scales that they come around and meet each other
> on the same side of the issue.

More to the point, the left and the right come together on privacy issues.

Remember the Christian Coalition's take on national ID cards? "Mark of
the Beast!" (Does anyone have an original cite for this? I also recall
the CC opposing Clipper...)

-Declan