Re: CLI_pr3

At 2:17 PM 5/23/96, John Young wrote:
>   5-23-96. WaJo:
>
>   "Chasing Criminals at Cyberspeed."
>      Says Stanley Morris, director of FinCEN, "The only way
>      we can adequately assist our federal law enforcement
>      counterparts in following the trail of the multinational
>      money launderer is through our linkages with
>      multilateral arrangements such as ... [Clipper 3]."

Of course, this appears to be implying that _domestic_ data will be subject
to Clipper 3  restrictions, else this statement is meaningless.

So, will my stored-value cards that I "charge up" in California and carry
in my wallet to Zurich be GAKked? If not, Morris's statement is
meaningless. If so, domestic data is intended to be GAKked.

(But we knew this, didn't we?)

--Tim May

Boycott "Big Brother Inside" software!