Re: Runtime info flow in Java

At 7:06 AM 5/9/96, Christian Wettergren wrote:
>Hi!
>
>I'm presenting my licentiate research proposal
>next week, and I thought that some of you might
>find it interesting. I'd like to find others
>that are working with similar projects, to have
>some people to discuss with.
>
>The actual proposal is available at
>
>     http://www.it.kth.se/~cwe/phd/licprop.ps

I began to look at your paper online but that works poorly for me. My
printer does not handle A4 paper. PostScript seems inflexible in this
regard. If it were available in 8.5 X 11 inch format you would have least
one more reader.

I am interested in your paper because you define the problem as we do.
There are some who think that capability architectures are the solution.
There is little information on how to solve these problems with
capabilities. I am trying to find time to address some of these issues.

KeyKOS is a capability based operating system that is designed to solve a
variety of security problems. There are some papers at
<http://www.cis.upenn.edu/~KeyKOS> and
<http://www.webcom.com/agorics/library.html>.

We find that Java as a language conforms well enough to capability
principles even though not using the term. Some of the primordial classes
do not conform and indeed it was there that the Princeton group found the
problems that are most difficult to fix.