Re: Anarchy Online

On Fri, 24 May 1996, Declan McCullagh wrote:

> > Yeah, you'd mentioned it, but I hadn't read it until just now. I see he
> > mentions me on http://anarchy-online.dementia.org/book/section.2.html, but
> > my name is badly misspelled; it starts with "R," not "D." Donna's name is
> > badly misspelled, too, early on.
> >
> > I wholeheartedly support his conclusions, by the way. They're based on
> > a number of incorrect premises, but any fictions are convenient ones.
> >
> > http://www.stanford.edu/~ajg/project.html
> > http://www.c2.org/~rich/Not_By_Me_Not_My_Views/rebuttal.html
>
> A shame that Charles didn't give you all the credit you so rightfully
> deserve. Holocaust fetishists need all the press they can get. :)
>
> Perhaps he thinks you're a net.loon -- I do suggest you ask him!

Oh, I have no doubt that he believes everything you tell him. So, Charles,
do you think I'm a net.loon, and why? Please reply publicly on
cypherpunks. I'd like E. Allen Smith and Jim Bell to read this.

Declan, I sincerely apologize by "avoiding" you by going to a long-
scheduled DHCP implementation meeting with Rob Riepel and Roger Avedon
rather than taking your one call.  As I told you, again, yesterday, my
alphanumeric pager can be reached via [email protected] (80
characters from the Subject: line), and I'd be happy to talk to you at any
convenient time outside working hours.

-rich
 moderator, comp.os.ms-windows.announce