Re: Is Chaum's System Traceable or Untraceable?

From:	IN%"[email protected]" 23-MAY-1996 13:56:31.71

>Ah.  I see I was misunderstood.  The goal was not to make the shop anonymous,
>but rather to be able to provide change to an anonymous payer.

	I had thought that the basic purpose of the fully anon system was just
that - full anonymnity for payer and payee. Under your suggestion, the shop
gives up this anonymnity under these circumstances in order to be able to make
change. I'm not sure if I would call that a very good tradeoff...
	-Allen