Re: Children's Privacy Act

At 11:34 PM 5/24/96 -0700, [email protected] (Timothy C. May) wrote:

>If I have compiled records, dossiers, etc., as I most assuredly have (got
>to fill up those MO disks with something), this is "my" information. Mine
>in the sense that others can't dictate to me what I do with it.

I don't see that this is necessarily true for information any more than it
is property. Property can be bought, sold, traded, given away, made...but it
can also be stolen. Just as I have a right to complain if you walk off with
my couch without my permission, so if you walk off with data on my blood
chemistry or credit history without my permission.

--
Bruce Baugh
[email protected]