Re: Mixmaster version usable with POP?

At 9:44 PM 5/26/96, E. ALLEN SMITH wrote:
>From:   IN%"[email protected]"  "Mark M." 26-MAY-1996 18:46:13.23
>
>>On Linux this works:
>>popclient -3 -c POPHOSTNAME | formail -s mixmaster -R >> $MAIL
>
>>It will work on any system that has formail and popclient on it.
>
>        Is this only for getting mail, or also for sending it? Sorry, I'm
>not very familiar with UNIX, especially the pipe commands.
>        -Allen

That would be just for receiving it. It is fine to use sendmail for sending
email over a dialup connection. It is just not very good for receiving it.

        -Lance

Lance Cottrell   [email protected]
PGP 2.6 key available by finger or server.
Mixmaster, the next generation remailer, is now available!
http://www.obscura.com/~loki/Welcome.html or FTP to obscura.com

"Love is a snowmobile racing across the tundra.  Suddenly
it flips over, pinning you underneath.  At night the ice
weasels come."
                        --Nietzsche