Re: Quickremail v1.0b

At 17:28 1996-05-27 EDT, E. ALLEN SMITH wrote:
>I'm planning on starting up a remailer, probably on Lance's machine (to
>take advantage of his expertise) sometime this summer. I do want to get PGP
>for the VAX before then, and the MIT site doesn't appear to have this code.

Why would anyone set up a remailer at Lance's (or Sameer's) machine?
They have remailers running already. If the thugs break root and obtain
one remailer key from a machine, they probably get all the keys on that
machine, compromising all the remailers in one single attack. Or am I
missing something? Is there any benefit of multiple remailers on a machine
where root is running his own remailer?

Matts

ps.
The vax pgp is available at
ftp://ftp.net-connect.net/pub/cypherpunks/pgp/vaxpgp262.tar.Z