Re: [crypto] crypto-protocols for trading card games

Alan Horowitz <[email protected]> writes:

> What _did_   Solitaire do for Windows 3.1?   Distract the attention of
> the unwashed masses away from the actual merits of the beast?

It's interesting to note that
a) All previous versions of MS Windows starting I think with the beta .9
which I first saw included Reversi (Othello), a much more intellectual game.
b) IBM OS/2 comes with a pile of games, including a much nicer solitaire,
chess, a game where you have to catch a cat with your mouse, etc.
Ostensibly, they're there to train users to use the mouse interface.
E.g., Solitaire teaches users to drag and drop.

---