Re: Java Crypto API questions

On Fri, 31 May 1996, jim bell wrote:

> >Probably.  But they won't be able to export the signed 3DES package :)
> >It leaves foreign vendors in trouble, is where.
>
> But why can't they just export the SIGNATURE, if it is detached from the  software itself?

I would assume because the signature is probably not detached, or
detachable.  But that's just a guess, really.

Jon Lasser (410)532-7138                         - Obscenity  is a crutch  for
[email protected]                            inarticulate motherfuckers.
http://www.goucher.edu/~jlasser/
Finger for PGP key (1024/EC001E4D)               - Fuck the CDA.