Re: The Anti-Briefing...

On 24 May 96 at 10:12, Peter Wayner wrote:

> I'm sure the "Briefing" is quite impressive and it includes
> several strong arguments for government surveillance. There are
> bound to be more than a few kids that are alive today thanks to
> eavesdropping and the quick thinking of folks in FBI, NSA et al.
>
> That being said, I'm sure that there is also an "anti-Briefing"
> that can be given that illustrates that the huge cost of
[..]

So where did J.Edgar Hoover's infamous "Blue Files" go?
Then again, what about the alleged pictures of him wearing a dress
and going down on his (male) companion?

It seems invoking the name of L.Ron Hoover and the Church of
Applientology does plenty for an 'anti-briefing'.

> redesigning the phone system and forcing businesses and people
> to operate without protection. Here are some examples from the
> recent press that I think are good arguments for why strong
> crypto won't change the status quo.

On the contrary.  Much of the status quo needs to be changed.

[..]
> Some might argue that if weak crypto can save one child's life
> than it is worth it. This is a strong, sentimental argument, but

Worth what? Ruining his life when he becomes an adult? Or preventing
him from ever becoming an adult?

--Mutant Rob.

---
No-frills sig.
Befriend my mail filter by sending a message with the subject "send help"
Key-ID: 5D3F2E99 1996/04/22 [email protected] (root@magneto)
        AB1F4831 1993/05/10 Deranged Mutant <[email protected]>
Send a message with the subject "send pgp-key" for a copy of my key.