MOSS vs. S/MIME vs. PGP/MIME Matrix (fwd)

----- Forwarded message from Rik Drummond -----

>From [email protected]  Thu May 30 09:26:53 1996
Date: Thu, 30 May 1996 08:05:48 -0500
To: [email protected],
        Electronic Data Interchange Issues <[email protected]>,
        [email protected]
Sender: [email protected]
From: Rik Drummond <[email protected]>
Subject: MOSS vs. S/MIME vs. PGP/MIME Matrix
Source-Info:  From (or Sender) name not authenticated.

The EDI over Internet (EDIINT) working group will recommend standards which
facilitate "EDI interoperability over Internet  - Now" during the third
quarter of 1996.

Two of the many requirements are the implementation of encryption and
signature for EDI transactions using existing standards/products, such as:
MOSS, S/MIME, PGP/MIME and DMS.

These four standards/products "generally" fit the needs of the EDIINT
effort. We must choose those that best fit our requirements. A Comparison
Matrix compares the products/standards across over 30 technical and
business areas.  Please take time to contribute your expertise to the
effort by commenting on the existing information.

This matrix is the basis for determining which security
products/standards/algorithms to use for EDI over Internet. The matrix is
also a significant  tool for selling our final  recommendation to EDI
business product development management.

The comparison matrix is in html format at
http://ftp.sterling.com/edi/ietf-ediint/decision.html.

Thank you.

Rik Drummond
Chair EDIINT

|         Rik Drummond - The Drummond Group         |
|   5008 Bentwood Ct., Ft. Worth, TX 76132 USA  |
|        Voice: 817 294 7339    Fax: 817 294 7950     |

----- End of forwarded message from Rik Drummond -----

					               -Hume