Re: Class III InfoWar: TST Article

On Jun 04, 1996 12:29:02, 'Dan Haskovec <[email protected]>' wrote:

>Here's the reply I got from a friend that I forwarded it to....
>

>and the verdict is... NetMYTH!  I checked the cite in the article on
>cyberterrorism... no such article ran on 6/2/96 in the Times
>(London)... nor, in fact, in any newspaper available on Nexis...
>just thought I would let you know...

Gosh, Dan, your friend may want to double-check. After reading Winn
Schwartau's post, I bought a copy of The Sunday Times here in NYC late
Sunday in which the article led at the top of the Front Page.

Be glad to fax anyone a copy who may want such, ahem, verification. E-mail
me a number.

However, I acknowledge that there is a chance that the TLAs, or Net
security/info war consultants (like Schwartau, et al) planted the article,
a fake to generate scare-funding and boost conference attendance. Or maybe
it's a classic Brit joke, a spoof  -- or a sting by the Intergalactic Net
Police.

Strange terrorist ripoffs happen -- incredible IPOs, vaporware
millionaires, and such.