Re: On the Hill: Child Porn "Morphing"

On Tue, 4 Jun 1996, Black Unicorn wrote:

> Hearings on the hill over the child pornographer horseman:
>
> "Morphing" seems to be the latest buzzword for putting childrens faces on
> the bodies of adult models in sexually explicit poses and seems to have
> attracted enough attention to warrant congressional attention.
>
> I'd like to see exactly how they word the proposed prohibitons.  What
> constitutes "child" when the face painted on is pure artistry?  Will we
> see a simple and strict prohibition over modifiying sexually explicit
> pictures to make them appear to be of younger models (whatever their
> apparent age may be)?  Will we see a subjective test as to what is "child
> looking" enough?

	As far as I was aware, the manner of currently judging the age of
people in nude photographs consisted of a usually doctor administered
examination (of the picture) where the genitals and other age
characteristics of the BODY were taken into account.  I don't think a
person's face ever was, or ever should be, a factor.

> Silliness.  All silliness.

	Very true.  Next there will be laws banning provocative pictures of
adults dressed in child-like garb or acting out child-like sexual
fantasies (the infamous "spank me Daddy!).

                    Bruce M. * [email protected]
        "Knowledge enormous makes a god of me." -- John Keats