Terrorism Hysteria on the Net

Today's USA has a pair of front page stories:

"Feds ready anti-terror cyberteam" and "Terrorism on the Net -- Post-Cold
War hysteria or a national threat?"

They lay out the nightmares and the valiant TLA-daydreams to out-fund the
hackers and out-flummox the public.

"You bring me a select group of hackers and within 90 days I'll bring this
country to its knees, " says Jim Settle, retired director of the FBI's
computer crime squad.

"The threat is there, it's very real," says CIA General Counsel Jeffrey
Smith. "If we have a Unabomber who decides to launch an attack with a PC
instead of a bomb, (there could be) real damage."