Fwd: Re: Clipper III analysis

>From: "Chris Adams" <[email protected]>
>To: "cypherpunks" <[email protected]>
>Date: Thu, 30 May 96 01:16:32
>Subject: Re: Clipper III analysis

On 29 May 1996 14:53:30 pdt, [email protected] wrote:

>>        A good Questioned Document Examiner will be able to demonstrate
>>        that the signed document in question was not authored by Joe
>>        Blow, even if it contains his digital signature.
>
>I was of course talking about digital signatures, not handwritten signatures.
>
>I would be very interested to hear how a "Questioned Document Examiner" can
>possibly determine that a digital signature was not applied by a particular
>person.

I believe he was referring to document analysis. By closely comparing a
questionable work
with those of known authorship, a skilled analyst can hopefully find
enough
[dis]similarities to say whether a document was authored by a given
person.

This Message Was Sent With An UNREGISTERED Version Of PMMail.
Please Encourage Its Author To Register Their Copy Of PMMail.
For More Information About PMMail And SouthSide Software's Other
Products, Contact http://www.southsoft.com.