Re: ID this 31173 NCR keyboard

Does it have any identifying numbers?
NCR OEMed a line of ADDS Viewpoint terminals for a while,
and while the numbers no longer come to mind
(unless they're like 2920), they might look familiar
if I saw them.  This keyboard sample doesn't look
quite like them, though.  Most of their keyboards
like that were for terminals, not for PCs.
Are the connectors even PC-like?

Also, if there are function keys through F20, it might very
well be a 3270-emulator of some sort.

At 01:52 PM 6/6/96 -0700, you wrote:
>Oops.  I wrote that just looking at the keyboard.
>Picked it up at Seattle's Ex-Pc for $3.
>It's so old, I think it requires a non-PC BIOS.
>No manual, labels etc.
>
>Anyone have a clue as to what this is:
>
>NCR
>
>F1 F2          [...]               F18 F19 F20/RESET|
>ESC            [...]     TAB             |[five direction keys]
>CONTROL Q      [...]     }/] CONTROL     |CLR 7 8 9 /
>CAPS_LOCK A    [...]      ~/` |NEW       |  - 4 5 6 *
>[up] |/\ Z     [...]   [upup] |LINE      |  + 1 2 3 |NEW
>               [space]                   |  0_ 00 . |LINE
>
>It was designed for easily customizing your keytable,
>being an actual flat terminal with square keys easily
>pulled out and interchanged.
>
>The back of the keyboard has three switches for
>the boolean selection of languages: US English,
>UK/Int. English, French, German, Swedish/Finnish,
>Danish/Norwegian, Spanish, Italian.
>
>So, where to get a NEW keyboard like this:
>
>FLAT, with a full set of SQUARE, EASILY pulled out keys.

#				Thanks;  Bill
# Bill Stewart +1-415-442-2215 [email protected]
# http://www.idiom.com/~wcs
#				Rescind Authority!