Re: FOR WHOM THE BELL TOLLS

jim bell writes:

 > My impression is that it is frequently the pacifist-types who get us into
 > war, because they start the process out by tolerating actions by others that
 > turn into more serious actions, etc.  You know, the appeasers.  Are you an
 > appeaser?

A quote from Donald Wetzel's book Pacifist:

The pacifist is often asked what he would do in the event the United
States were to be conquered by a hostile power.  The assumption on the
part of the questioner is almost always that we would simply assume
the proper position in which best to have our asses kicked.  I suggest
that anyone who believes that such would be the pacifist response to
the imposition in America of an oppressive, authoritarian
rule--foreign or domestic--should consult the prison authorities that
were in power when America's prisons were host to some six thousand
pacifists.  I am sure it will be found that we have not been
forgotten.

-russ <[email protected]>    http://www.crynwr.com/~nelson
Crynwr Software   | Crynwr Software sells packet driver support | PGP ok
11 Grant St.      | +1 315 268 1925 voice | It's no mistake to err on
Potsdam, NY 13676 | +1 315 268 9201 FAX   | the side of freedom.