Re: Electronic Signatures

On 7 Jun 1996 [email protected] wrote:

> No, I was responding to the person who was distrustful of the law's
> requirement for certified signatures.  DON'T WAIT FOR THE GUVMINT TO
> CREATE A CERTIFYING AGENCY -- start your own and get some momentum.
> Makes it much harder for them to claim that PGP won't work because

Good advice. And if we are all waiting for our respective Post Offices
to come aboard we'll have to wait for a long time. I don't remember
how many years ago our Post Office was announcing 'real soon now' for
the first time, because so much time has elapsed since then. I guess
such institutions (bye economic capabilities) are mainly hiring cheap
incompetents who will never catch up with the latest developments.

Asgaard