Re: Gore's speech writers

Excerpts from internet.cypherpunks: 9-Jun-96 Gore's speech writers by
Timothy C. [email protected]
> I read an interesting op-ed piece about how wonderful Bob Dole's
> resignation-from-the-Senate speech was, about how resonant and thoughtful
> it was. But the piece went on to point out that the speech was
> "un-Dole-like." Turns out it was written by Mark Helprin, a former WSJ
> writer and current novelist. Dole is just a typical politician.

I've been a fan of Helprin's short stories for a number of years -- he
is a beautiful writer and talented wordsmith. Helprin can make a
paragraph get up, get down, and do the fandango.

If anything is going to give Dole a competitive edge during this
campaign, it's Mark Helprin.

-Declan