Re: Britain to control crypto - official (fwd from Usenet)

At 04:07 PM 6/11/96 -0400, David Lesher wrote:
>The British government quietly announced yesterday that it will
>legislate to restrict crypto. The details are in the attached
>Reuters and PA newswires.

So I didn't see any move top 'restrict crypto' in the two wire stories.
It looked like the return of clipper with escrow agents other than government
which seems *almost* reasonable when I note that they are not mandating any of
this stuff.

Still given the close relationship between Cheltenham and Ft Mead one is left
wondering what the real story is ...

John Pettitt, [email protected]
EVP, CyberSource Corporation, 415 473 3065

PGP Key available at:
http://www-swiss.ai.mit.edu/htbin/pks-extract-key.pl?op=get&search=0xB7AA3705