Re: Insults (was: PBS show)

At 10:26 PM 6/12/96 -0700, Timothy C. May wrote:
>I personally despise the term "nerd," but I won't get into that here.
>(Except to say that "nerds," "geeks," and "dweebs" are terms of insult, and
>anyone who accepts this labelling by the media and by "jerks" (a comparable
>term, by the way) is proably just a dweeb anyone, so I guess the term is
>accurate.)

IMHO the best way to deal with an insult is to make it a badge of pride.
This is how my ancestors in revolutionary New England dealt with being
called Yankees.  It beats hell out of trying to force the rest of the world
to call your group something different every 10 years of so, like some
groups have been doing.

Bill Frantz       | The CDA means  | Periwinkle  --  Computer Consulting
(408)356-8506     | lost jobs and  | 16345 Englewood Ave.
[email protected] | dead teenagers | Los Gatos, CA 95032, USA