Re: Snake Oil on the Water...

At 08:47 PM 6/16/96 +0000, Deranged Mutant wrote:

>Actually, it is much better than Eudora and has plug-ins for
>encryption.  The native encryption sucks, and the author warns
>against it (it's there as a demo of the crypto API!).

I found this part out later.  My mistake for not checking the program docs.

[snip]

>Seems like the person who wrote that message doesn't know what he's
>talking about.

That is very true.  He is clueless and unrepentantly so.  His private e-mail
to me indicates it in spades.  (As well as being rude and insulting for even
challenging his claims about the program.)

>There's a difference between snake oil and a user who doesn't
>understand a product.

True.  I was not aware that the author of the program had warned against
using it as well.  Evidently this guy did not read that part as well...

---
|"The moral PGP Diffie taught Zimmermann unites all| Disclaimer:         |
| mankind free in one-key-steganography-privacy!"  | Ignore the man      |
|`finger -l [email protected]` for PGP 2.6.2 key  | behind the keyboard.|
|         http://www.teleport.com/~alano/          | [email protected]  |