Damn, that snake oil is tasty! [was Re: SafE Mail Corporation]

> We would like someone to be able or should I say try and crack our
> encryption. IT IS IMPOSSIBLE.

Mmmm... flamebait.

> Our Web site is http://www.sfmc.com  Phone number is 1-800-252-9938.

The highlights:

>Because we believe our encryption algorithm for SafE Mail
>is so strong and unbreakable, we will offer five free copies
>of SafE Mail or cash equivalent, to anyone capable of cracking
>a SafE Mail encrypted file.

Uh, okay... but, uh, if we break the encryption, doesn't
that make the package damn near useless?

Also, they charge $40 (!!) shipping and handling for their
free demo.

----- David Smith, Thinker Of Deep Thoughts :)
http://www.prairienet.org/~dsmith/library.html