Re: SafE Mail Corporation

What the heck: I'm bored tonight...

Well, not that bored.  Don't need another 'tear snake-oil to bits or
is this a damned troll' thread.  Why does "M. Wagoner" sound
familiar?

On 17 Jun 96 at 17:21, "M.Wagoner" ([email protected]) wrote:

> We would like someone to be able or should I say try and crack our
> encryption. IT IS IMPOSSIBLE.
>
> Our Web site is http://www.sfmc.com  Phone number is 1-800-252-9938.
>
> Randy Estridge
> SafE Mail Corporation

Uh oh. I checked the page.  Claimed Public Key, Sigs, Error
Correction, Compression, lots of nice stuff.   They kind of got the
vocabulary down. Only in a fuzzy way. Hypes "INTERNET Compatible" is
if that means anything, a "22 character public key" (no, it's not a
type.  twenty-two character public key, in several places said that),
proprietary algorithm, etc. etc.

Yawn,

Rob.

---
No-frills sig.
Befriend my mail filter by sending a message with the subject "send help"
Key-ID: 5D3F2E99 1996/04/22 [email protected] (root@magneto)
        AB1F4831 1993/05/10 Deranged Mutant <[email protected]>
Send a message with the subject "send pgp-key" for a copy of my key.