Re: Federal key registration agency

> Compuserve Online Today Daily Edition, 15 June 1996:
>
> Attorney General Janet Reno ... said her plan would require people to
> register with the new agency the secret codes -- or "keys" -- they use
> to encrypt messages online.

This would be the "Bad Cop" line, for those playing along at home.

[ "Gosh, can't you help us VP Al Gore?" the people beg.  "Well, I'll
  see what I can do, but Reno is really mean and nasty.  I'll try to
  reason with her though.  Wish me luck." ]

Mike M Nally * Tiv^H^H^H IBM * Austin TX    * pain is inevitable
       [email protected] * [email protected]          *
      <URL:http://www.io.com/~m101>         * suffering is optional