Re: "Mail Exploders"

From: [email protected] (Vin McLellan)
>        The only meaningful control on SPAM I can see is to start enforcing
>a chain of contracts that forbid it (without reference to content) from the
>backbone back through the IAPs to the users.  (I think Long-Morrow at Yale
>had a nice paper on this a couple of years back.) But this sort of
>auto-return mechanism could make a dent on the super-Spanners now.

Actually the paper was written by our Assistant Chairman
([email protected]).  I only made the paper available via FTP, Gopher,
WWW and email.

ftp://www.cs.yale.edu/pub/dunne/jurimetrics/
gopher://www.cs.yale.edu/11/pub/dunne/jurimetrics/
http://www.cs.yale.edu/pub/dunne/jurimetrics/jurimetrics.html
mailto:[email protected]
                        ( put 'get sneakers jurimetrics.txt' in message body )

H. Morrow Long, Mgr of Dev., Yale Univ., Comp Sci Dept, 011 AKW, New Haven, CT
06520-8285,	VOICE:	(203)-432-{1248,1254}		FAX:	(203)-432-0593
INET: [email protected] UUCP: yale!Long-Morrow BITNET: Long-Morrow@YaleCS
WWW:	http://www.cs.yale.edu/users/long-morrow.html