Re: Take the money, Harry.

At 01:25 AM 6/20/96 -0800, Tonie Nathan wrote:
>>  Jim,
>Harry should take the money.  As Ayn Rand said, "Don't let your morality be
>used against you."
>
>   I believe in the philosophy of law.  As long as it's legal, each person
>can take whatever he is legally entitled to from the government's stolen
>money, as long as he/she doesn't ADVOCATE that the coercive tax system be
>retained.   Many will not take grants, or welfare, but they are legally
>entitled to it.  As for the moral entitlement, that is a matter for them to
>work out for themselves. After all, we have to drive on government (tax
>supported) roads, etc.
>
>Tonie

[for the record, Tonie Nathan was the 1976 (?) Libertarian Vice Presidential
Candidate.  Right, Tonie?]

I think the issue is fairly clear-cut, from a libertarian standpoint, _IF_
the money is accepted simply to be returned to the people it was stolen
from.  That reduces the size of the net theft, produces publicity, and wakes
the public up.

Jim Bell
[email protected]