Re: Oil Change software snoops through hard drive

But this isn't MS's RegWiz. It's capabilities sound much greater, and
it's not clear how to opt out, etc. from the press release:
<< Oil
Change reportedly tracks all currently installed versions and revisions
of all
Windows 95 software and hardware drivers on a PC, and then dials into
CyberMedia's Internet Web Server for related updates.>>
is this thing scary? I don't know. Does software like it have potential
for abuse? Absolutely. Fear mongering? I don't think so. Just a Heads up.

Alan Lewine
------