Re: Micropayments: myth?

>>don't people get this? with microcurrency, you don't say to a
>>seller, "bill me for this item". it would rarely work like that at
>>all. instead, it is, "here is my money, please give me the item".
>
>What is the authentication process for the "money" your are "giving" in this
>scenario?

Varies with the micropayment system.  Some proposals are to use Digicash,
either online or offline.  Others are to use simpler systems, such as S/Key
variants or piles of tokens - you'd use some heavyweight payment system like
a credit card / ATM / digicash to buy 100 or 1000 microtokens, which you'd
use for the actual payments, and which would require less computation to
authenticate.

#				Thanks;  Bill
# Bill Stewart +1-415-442-2215 [email protected]
# http://www.idiom.com/~wcs
#				Dispel Authority!