Re: domain name zapping threat by Internic

On Tue, 25 Jun 1996 09:53:17 -0400 (EDT), you wrote:

>And then there could be competition, which could potentially create some
>bad scenarios.  What if one registration service refused to propagate their
>domains to other registration services?

	Then no one would use them for DNS service.  Back when the NIC first
started charging for services I remember seeing a message from someone who was
going to attempt to make another root name service, but I haven't heard much
about it since.
	Since the NIC charges $100 per registration, you can bet there will be
some legislation somewhere along the line.  They must be makeing 5000-10000%
profit.

Greg Miller: Programmer/Analyst
DOS -- A user friendly version of UNIX.
[email protected]