f-secure..

On 25 Jun 96 at 17:45, brian dodds wrote:
[..]
> at any rate - has anyone tried out that new f-secure by the folks who
> brought us f-prot? "military strength internet encryption".. seems to be
> an encrypted telnet, but i can't replace our server to test it..

No. I'll have to look for it.

In the F-Prot does they explicitly endorse using PGP (esp. for
sending infected files to them for analysis, as well as for checking
signatures of binaries in the F-Prot package).

They also do the same academic hedging about effectiveness of their
anti-virus package that a good crypto package would use, so I suspect
they're likely to produce a good crypto package.

BTW, they're located in Iceland, at the complex.is domain.  AFAIK, no
export restrictions there.

Rob.

---
No-frills sig.
Befriend my mail filter by sending a message with the subject "send help"
Key-ID: 5D3F2E99 1996/04/22 [email protected] (root@magneto)
        AB1F4831 1993/05/10 Deranged Mutant <[email protected]>
Send a message with the subject "send pgp-key" for a copy of my key.