Re: Noise: Re: Those Evil Republicans

[email protected] wrote:

> Similarly your point about government control of currency is somewhat puzzling.
> Are you arguing that we are less prosperous today than we were in the 1920's?
> If so that would be a somewhat curious argument which you will no doubt
> share with us. The only modern country I know of which does not control its
> currency is Lichenstein which uses the Swiss Franc,

There are dozens - Jersey, Isle of Man, Andorra, ...

> I'm not sure what lessons
> can be learnt from a country whose chief ecconomic activities are gambling
> and facilitating tax evasion however.

Ever heard of Goodhearts law?  (something along the lines of
"efforts to regulate something will result in it moving somewhere
unregulated").

Gary
--
pub  1024/C001D00D 1996/01/22  Gary Howland <[email protected]>
Key fingerprint =  0C FB 60 61 4D 3B 24 7D  1C 89 1D BE 1F EE 09 06