Re: Bruce Taylor at HotWired

This is going to be an interesting chat. It will be the first time in my
recollection that a supporter of the CDA has ventured onto the Net to
defend it.

Taylor, of course, is the principal author of the CDA as the president of
the National Law Center for Children and Families. A former Justice
Department porn-prosecutor with a record number of convictions ("Comstock
was an amateur"), he'll be talking about what the DoJ is thinking and what
their plans are. (He's argued obscenity cases before the Supreme Court.)

But for such a net-basher, he's pretty cyberclueless. Since Taylor doesn't
even have email, let alone a live net-connection, he's coming over to my
office tomorrow evening and we'll connect to HotWired from my Macintosh.

"Hide your porn," he reminded me.

I plan to.

-Declan

Info on Taylor's CDA amicus brief supporting the Justice Department:
  http://fight-censorship.dementia.org/dl?num=2388

The text of Taylor's amicus brief:
 http://fight-censorship.dementia.org/dl?num=2736