Open letter to the NSA

You screwed up, guys.  If, instead of restricting the export of strong
crypto systems, you had instead encouraged it, you would have
prevented the development of foreign crypto expertise.  Look at South
Africa: we banned them armaments, so they created their own arms
industry.  Now they're a serious arms exporter.  You won in the
short-term and lost in the long-term.

Where is the wisdom needed to admit your mistake?  Missing, I'd say.

-russ <[email protected]>    http://www.crynwr.com/~nelson
Crynwr Software sells packet driver support     | PGP ok
521 Pleasant Valley Rd. | +1 315 268 1925 voice | Corporations persuade;
Potsdam, NY 13676       | +1 315 268 9201 FAX   | governments coerce.