Re: PROMISe them anything (was Re: whitehouse dossier database?)

On Tue, 2 Jul 1996, Deranged Mutant wrote:

> On  1 Jul 96 at 23:39, Vladimir Z. Nuri wrote:
>
> > holy cow, is this real? Grabbe cites several credible references.
>
> Ask Phil Resuto.

No, for the full story, look at:

 http://www.cco.net/~trufax/reports/bavarian.html

> >               Conspiracy Nation -- Vol. 8  Num. 30

I always thought this was a self-parody, like "50 Greatest Conspiracies of
All Time." Looking through back issues again, I concede that he might be
doing it on purpose. Which is an entirely different thing than saying he
believes it.

> > Stephens' software firm Systematics.  The Citibank heist
> > by Russian hackers, for example, took advantage of a back
> > door in Citibank's Systematics software.  (The Russian
> > hackers were apparently aided by the son of one of Jim
> > Leach's House Banking Committee investigators.)  Have
> > any major banks thought of instituting lawsuits over this
> > deliberate breach of security on the part of a software
> > supplier?
>
> Huh? I thought the Russian 'hackers' helped write the software, and
> used one of their own backdoors.

Shh. Never let the truth get in the way of a good rant.

-rich
 http://www.c2.org/~rich/