Re: SAFE Forum--some comments

Well, I went to SAFE and found that it was very helpful for me.
I have been struggling with trying to figure out what I personally
can do to help change the current state of cryptography in the
US of A and found that alot of good suggestions were made at this
conference.

It was almost like a brainstorming event on how to get things
(US politics and laws) going in the right direction in this field.

Hearing leaders in the cryptography field speak was awesome.
They were direct and to the point. And you could tell that they
were being completely strait with everyone about the current situation
and what the technology could/could-not do for us.

The comment I kept hearing over and over was that we have to
educate the public about what cryptography is and why it's important
to everyone using computers to communicate. This public includes
people who are not on the net and those who don't even know what the
Internet is.

So, now I have some ideas on what I, as an individual can do to
help.  Educating poeple about crypto. I work with alot of artists
on the net (~300+) and will introduce crytography to them. We'll
think of some cool ways to implement it in our work and in the
process will learn how to use it. :)

The SAFE t-shirts were great too...

-lile
(a [email protected])