Re: Lack of PGP signatures

> I've noticed recently that two PGP programmers (Mr. Zimmerman and Mr.
> Atkins) do not seem to PGP clearsign their messages to this list. In fact,
> a surprisingly small percentage of messages on the C-punk list are signed.
> This despite the fact that the average subscriber is at least literate in
> PGP.

Actually, I don't PGP sign my messages because 95% of the time my
connection to my mail host (the machine on which I read and respond to
mail) is insecure.  Composing the message, bringing the message to my
local machine, running PGP, re-uploading the message, and sending it
is a big deal and I don't consider it important enough for my everyday
posts.

When I send out notices that I consider important I do sign them.  But
that is fairly rare (at the moment).

Basically, I refuse to type my passphrase over the net, which signing
all my messages (this one included) would require.

-derek