Re: Lack of PGP signatures

[email protected] writes:
> At 09:42 PM 7/2/96 EDT, Derek Atkins <[email protected]> wrote:
> :Basically, I refuse to type my passphrase over the net, which signing
> :all my messages (this one included) would require.
>
> Why, in heaven's name, would you have to "type your passphrase over the net" to encypher a message?

He was talking about signing messages that you send.  You have to enter your
passphrase possible over a TELNET session, which sends it across in the
clear.  This is a Bad Thing(tm) for keeping it truly private.

me
--
Michael Elkins <[email protected]>			http://www.cs.hmc.edu/~me
PGP key fingerprint = EB B1 68 32 3F B5 54 F9  6C AF 4E 94 5A EB 90 EC