Re: Lack of PGP signatures

At 09:45 PM 7/3/96 -0400, David Lesher wrote:
>> I am wondering why there is not a signing option that ignores all
>> non-printing characters.  Might fix some of these problems...  (Can anyone
>> think of a reason this would be a "Bad Thing(tm)"?)
>
>Moving spaces could change meaning on a legal doc.
>
>A nonsense example is the alt.folklore.urbane "cow orker" tag...

I was thinking of carriage return/line feed combinations...  Spaces are
obvious and print.  I was thinking of non-printing characters that are
non-obivious when inserted.
---
Alan Olsen -- [email protected] -- Contract Web Design & Instruction
        `finger -l [email protected]` for PGP 2.6.2 key
                http://www.teleport.com/~alano/
  "We had to destroy the Internet in order to save it." - Sen. Exon
                "Microsoft -- Nothing but NT promises."