Re: Computer-Aided Revolution

xntp (extended network time protocol) can be accurate to a few
tenths of a second over a serial link, possibly better.  It can get to
thousandths or better over an ethernet.

GPS can also provide a very accurate time signal (about $300 for the
hardware, which is becoming relatively common.)

Adam

jim bell wrote:

| I've thought of an application for a "revolutionary" program for peaceful
| protest, but one that requires that a substantial number (1000) of people
| have access to computer time synchronized to 1 second, ideally 0.1 second.
| How good would a time sync over the  net typically be?
|
| Jim Bell
| [email protected]

					               -Hume