Announce: Private Idaho 2.7b

Since I'm in an especially patriotic mood today, I've just uploaded the 2.7b
beta
release of Private Idaho (which started out life as a Windows PGP shell, but is
turning into the "mother of all privacy tools" shell).

Significant new additions include:

Automated install application - no more installing and updating new releases of
PI by hand (many thanks to Colin Tan for writing the Setup application). The
install
application comes bundled with PGP QuickStart, a utility for helping new users
download and install PGP.

Expert and user modes - for new users, user mode provides a limited set of
commonly used commands. Expert mode gives you access to all of the commands.

Steps - again, another feature for new users. Step-by-step information on
how to
perform common tasks.

Change nym account reply blocks - easy way to change nym reply blocks.

Anonymizer support - support for C2's new anonymous Web browsing server.
Select a URL from any text within Private Idaho and your browser will
anonymously
access that Web page.

Mixmaster support - support for Mixmaster type 2 remailers.

Variable word-wrap length - select window size, 65, 70, or 75 character line
length.

Revised online help

HTML version of help

Get it at: http://www.eskimo.com/~joelm/pi.html

And while you're there, as an added 4th of July bonus, check out:

http://www.eskimo.com/~joelm/cryptbk.html

For the extremely tacky, and offensive to some, "Building a CryptoBook" page.

Comments, questions, etc. as usual to:

Joel McNamara
[email protected]