Re: [RANT] Giving Mind Control Drugs to Children

At 3:06 PM 7/7/96, Dr.Dimitri Vulis KOTM wrote:
>Simon Spero <[email protected]> writes:

>> Er... Tim... Ritalin is an amphetamine.
>
>Yes, it's an _anti-depressant, supposedly turning up those pieces of the brain
>responsible for "tuning out" outside interference, and letting the hyperactive
>kid concentrate.  But a true cypherpunk never lets any facts interfere with his
>political agenda.

Vulis, time to put you back in my killfile. Gratuitous insults, especially
those not based on important factual points, is your standard mode.

(As Sandy S. also noted, Ritalin has "paradoxical" effects. (I saw Sandy's
remark after sending off my reply to Simon.))

I've _seen_ the kid on Ritalin, and he's zombie. When it wears off, he's
back to being alert and active.

--Tim May

Boycott "Big Brother Inside" software!