RE: FW: MSoft crypto API's

On 10 Jul 96 at 8:56, [email protected] wrote:

> but they don't sign the drivers.  they sign the CSP.  only.
 drivers are (can be) shipped as totally separate pieces of code.

You missed my point.  The crypto-service program they sign might be a
DES library.  One implementation would be entirely in software;
another would be a front-end interface with hardware (essentially a
driver), perhaps as part of the kernel [Admittedly I'll have to
re-read MS's specs].

So say you're a manufactuer or DES hardware... you sure would like to
get that covetted 'Win95' logo on your package if you want to go
mainstream.

Rob

---
No-frills sig.
Befriend my mail filter by sending a message with the subject "send help"
Key-ID: 5D3F2E99 1996/04/22 [email protected] (root@magneto)
        AB1F4831 1993/05/10 Deranged Mutant <[email protected]>
Send a message with the subject "send pgp-key" for a copy of my key.