Re: [RANT] Giving Mind Control Drugs to Children

On Wed, 10 Jul 1996, Michael Helm wrote:

> Date: Wed, 10 Jul 1996 09:12:08 PDT
> From: Michael Helm <[email protected]>
> To: The Deviant <[email protected]>, [email protected],
>     [email protected], Clay Olbon II <[email protected]>
> Subject: Re: [RANT] Giving Mind Control Drugs to Children

[stuff rm'd]

> Well, for the add child, they don't get a proper education by any
> measure, no matter what their symptoms are, without some kind of
> treatment.  This does not necessarily include drugs, of course, but
> some appear to benefit from it.  For the class, a hyperactive student
> -- ONE -- is more than sufficient to bring the house down & make it
> impossible for the rest of the class to learn anything much of the
> time.  As a taxpayer or parent with children in such a classroom
> you may find this a matter of some concern.

hrmm.. While what you say is SOMETIMES true, it usually is not.  For
instance, my older brother and I took American History in school the same
year.  I took it at a school for people with learning disabilites, he took
it in a perfectly normal public school.  EVERYBODY in my class had ADHD.
EVERYBODY.  He was the only person in his class who was afflicted with
this.  His teacher noted that he was one of the least trouble making
students.  My class got through the material, his class did not.

See my point?

BTW, in case it makes any difference, he was on ritalin (spelling? I
dunno, neither of us can spell ;) at the time, and I was not, although
most of the people in my class were.

> On Jul 10,  8:37am, The Deviant wrote:
> > hrmm.. I'm certified ADHD, and I drink more than LD50 Caffeine in cokes
> > per day.... what does that make me? ;)
>
> Probably a good candidate for this year's tooth decay poster child %^)

Hrmmm... doubtful... I've actually never had a cavaty... maybe the
gengavitis poster child, but...

 --Deviant