Information

Dear Cypherpunks:

I'm new here and without taking too much bandwidth, I'd like to ask you for
some assistance.  I am wondering if there is a precise way of figuring out
where a web/mail server is based, or at least get some identifying
information.  I think I saw some messages on this list a few weeks ago about
how easy it is to identify a server or ISP, with just an address (web or
e-mail address).  Is this possible and how?  I would appreciate any guidance
you may provide and I hope this request is not too much against the
etiquette of this group.  Thank you.

Boris